Announcement!!!

Please take note that I'll no longer actively update this blog. Do visit Cindy's Lovely Life in future. This blog will update only when necessary (paid post). LOL! Kindly update my link in your blogs accordingly, do let me know if I've yet to put your link in my new blog.

Thanks!!!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Australia trip

Hubby and I are going to have a 8D7N free and easy trip to Sydney and Gold Coast, Australia on the coming April which is only a week from now! Wow, I'm really excited and looking forward for it! I have been doing a lot, really a lot of researches about the attractions, transport, and accommodation in both Sydney and Gold Coast.

Map of Australia

Our air tickets from Malaysia to Gold Coast have been bought for a year, when Air Asia giving out free seats. The tickets cost only RM787 round trip per person, including 15kgs luggage allowance and seat allocation.

For air tickets from Gold Coast to Sydney, I just bought last month with Jet Star. It costs Aussie $264 round trip per person, including 20kgs luggage allowance and seat allocation.

Four nights of 4-star-hotel-stay in Sydney costs RM1,413 and three nights of 3-star-hotel-stay in Gold Coast costs RM876.

Application for Australia visa costs RM20 per person.

One thing special I've found out during my research, all the travel agents are very very selfish! Even the one where I paid for my hotel booking and visa application would not give me any advice on the transportation in Australia! But anyway, I depends no one but myself, searching through the Internet finding our own solution! And most delighted, I found what I want!

For our transportation in Sydney, we'll depends on the "Sydney Pass" which includes "Sydney Explorer", "Bondi Explorer" and most of the train, ferries and local buses. All we need to do is to buy a 3-day-ticket which cost Aussie $115 per person. It includes train service from the airport to city too.

On the other hand, we will buy "Freedom Pass" which includes airport transfer, unlimited theme parks transfers and unlimited travel on the local bus network. A 3-day-ticket costs only Aussie $58 per person.

Arriving in Sydney, it is a must to pay a visit to Sydney Harbour, Sydney Opera House, Sydney Aquarium, Sydney Fish Market, Taronga Zoo, Rock Markets, Bondi Beach, Manly Beach and shopping at Paddington.

While in Gold Coast, visiting to the Warner Bros Movie World, Sea World and Dreamworld are probably a must also. There are also other interesting places such as Currumbin Sanctuary, Paradise Country, Wet n' Wild Water Park, Mount Tambourine, Sirromet Winery, Mt Nathan Winery and Catch-A-Crab at Tweed Heads.

I'm not sure whether there are Golf in Australia. But by the way, I knew that there are company which offer golf holidays (Golfreisen), offer a golf license that is necessary to play golf in Germany (Platzreife) ad also offer online shopping possibilities. If you wanted to go somewhere for golf, check it out!

No comments: