Announcement!!!

Please take note that I'll no longer actively update this blog. Do visit Cindy's Lovely Life in future. This blog will update only when necessary (paid post). LOL! Kindly update my link in your blogs accordingly, do let me know if I've yet to put your link in my new blog.

Thanks!!!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Melaka trip planning


Melaka is located on the Western Coast of Peninsular Malaysia facing the Straits of Melaka.

I wanted to go Melaka. I've have been there long long time ago. And because I have got my DSLR, I could have get lots of great pictures there. Delicious nyonya food is a main attraction for me too!

I have listed here the must go places in Melaka. If possible, hubby and I will stay in Melaka for one night during Chinese New Year's holiday.
  • Jonker Street - Known worldwide among famous antique collectors as one of the best places to hunt and bargain for antiques.
  • Christ Church - Built in 1753 by Dutch to commemorate a century of their rule.
  • Hang Li Poh's Well - It is said that the well never dried up, not even during times of extreme drought. It has long since been converted into a wishing well.
  • Maritime Museum - Get a closer look at Melaka from the famed Malay Sultanate of the 14th century to the Portuguese era, the Dutch era and the British era.
  • Baba-Nonya Heritage Museum - Art and objects illustrating Malaysia’s wide cultural diversity are on display in this restored home.
  • Porta de Santiago - The only remaining gateway of the formerly massive A’Famosa fortress.
  • Melaka Town Square - Town center during Dutch colonial times.
I'm recruiting friends to go Melaka with us, most of them doesn't want to go because "nothing to see"!

No comments: