Announcement!!!

Please take note that I'll no longer actively update this blog. Do visit Cindy's Lovely Life in future. This blog will update only when necessary (paid post). LOL! Kindly update my link in your blogs accordingly, do let me know if I've yet to put your link in my new blog.

Thanks!!!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Muzium Sultan Abu Bakar, Pekan

We pass by the Muzium Sultan Abu Bakar when my uncle brought us to Pekan for dinner. Since it was located near the shop where we were going to have our dinner, my cousin, hubby and I walked our way to the museum's main entrance. The time was ticking 6pm when we were there, hence the museum was closed, we were only able to take pictures from outside.

According to the facts I found through internet:

The Sultan Abu Bakar Museum is the state museum of Pahang. Located in the royal town of Pekan, it is only natural that the Royal Galleries merit a thorough inspection as they display a vast range of state regalia and other artifacts that speak of the colorful heritage of the sultanate.

The museum building was built in 1929 to replace the original wooden bungalow built in 1888. Used as the residence of the British Resident for several years, the building underwent several renovations and restorations. During the 2nd World War, it was used as the headquarters of the Japanese Army in Pahang. After the war it was converted into the official palace of the late Sultan Abu Bakar and was renamed Istana Kota Beram. In 1975, the Pahang State Museum Board turned the building into what it is today.




No comments: